Thursday, February 3, 2011

iterations

Moving away from the "Home Depot" model and towards a more architectural solution to sun and rain protection, I've designed a network of hexagonal shapes with rotating 'fins' which allow different degrees of sunlight to penetrate and flatten out completely for full protection from rain. Does that make sense? If you're confused, you know where I sit...

Though the sea anemones still serve as a source of 'inspiration', expanding my horizon and looking in to other 'spectacles' in nature has given my design a greater degree of flexibility and allowed me to explore ideas that I haden't considered before.

Here are a few screen shots of the many, many different iterations... I'm currently working out the connections and hope to have the model complete by tomorrow night (now that I've posted it on the blog I am commited to it.... back to work I go!)




No comments:

Post a Comment